We are looking for somebody who can think strategically, visualize system relationships and drive multiple IT projects to successful completion. The IT Systems Engineer is required to perform system analysis and design to install complex systems with minimal disruption to existing services as well as working with stakeholders to provide solutions.
The IT Systems Engineering is also expected to be able to perform many operational and project duties required for enterprise-level IT operations. This position is responsible for the monitoring, maintenance, and repair of all IT Systems in collaboration with other IT team members.
You will have experience in a similar role and have a working knowledge of a wide range of core enterprise IT processes, technologies, tools and hardware to assume day-to-day responsibility including:
- Manage and monitor all installed IT systems and infrastructure;
- Install, configure, test and maintain IT systems, hardware, software and system management tools;
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability;
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions;
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies;
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems;
- Liaise with vendors and IT personnel for problem resolution;
- Be able to design, implement, and troubleshoot Enterprise class solutions;
- Maintain minimum security baseline requirements for all IT systems;
- System automation through scripting.
Experience and Skill Set
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices;
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Mac Desktop Operating Systems;
- Windows Server and UNIX/Linux design, admin, installation, operations and support required;
- Experience with virtualization, we use VMware VSphere (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box);
- Advanced knowledge of networking (static routing, subnetting etc);
- Log management and data visualization tools to mature reporting and analytics capabilities;
- Disaster recovery;
- Dell EMC vSAN (storage);
- Datacenter experience;
- Ability to design, implement and maintain automation and monitoring processes is a plus;
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible) is a plus.
- This position reports into the Director of IT;
- This position is based in Mountain View, California;
- Occasional travel to UK headquarters will be required;
- Ultraleap is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race color, religion national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.